Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm not satisfied...

With what the world says is "normal".  I think when siblings are constantly at odds, something is very wrong. I've never been okay with it. I know people who live together are going to argue and disagree, but, more often than not, there comes a point in the relationship when, spiritually speaking, something is very, very wrong. And I believe that something can and will affect us for the rest of our lives in every other relationship we enter into.

So. With that being said, something amazing just happened in my house. I mean really amazing. God came down to where we are. Literally. It's moments like these when I wonder how I could ever think He's impersonal and distant. So getting it all down before I forget seems like the wise thing to do. Because I am extremely forgetful these days. 8-/

For several months now, I have had issues with Abby and Caleb (1st and 3rd). It's been one of the biggest struggles to watch them argue and pick each other apart ALL. DAY. LONG.  Lately, I've been losing it with them. Caleb will try to be loving to her and she will reject him every time. It literally rips my heart in two. So, after losing it on Abby tonight, I breathed a desperate prayer, "God, you have got to break in here! I don't know what else to do!" About 30 seconds later I went into Abby's room to find her on her bed crying. Abby is like her daddy. She doesn't cry. So I urged her to tell me what she was feeling...anger?...regret?...frustration?...???  After a few minutes she opened up and through sobs said that a long time ago she had given up on Caleb ever showing her affection. She tried when he was little to "mother" him and hug and kiss him (Gosh, he was cute!). But he was SO independent! He pushed her away and screamed at her every time she tried. So I called Caleb in and had her tell him that. He immediately started crying and grabbed her and said, "Abby! If I was little again and as smart as I am now, I would never do that!" He hugged her and they both cried. The Holy Spirit was so heavy that you could literally feel the atmosphere change. I know that sounds crazy, but I think God just wanted me to realize that I can buy every book under the sun and go to every conference within a hundred mile radius, but unless HE does the work in their hearts, it will all be in vain. (Psalm 127:1)  I was completely shocked at how quickly He came to my rescue! And in the background, I hear Brandon practicing the new song we're singing Sunday...

Open Up the Sky

Our beloved Father please come down and meet us
We are waiting on Your touch
Open up the heavens, shower down Your presence
We respond to Your great love

pre-chorus
We won't be satisfied with anything ordinary
We won't be satisfied at all

chorus
Open up the sky, fall down like rain
We don't want blessings, we want You
Open up the sky, fall down like fire,
We don't want anything but You

verse 2
Our beloved Jesus we just want to see You
in the glory of Your light
Earthly things don't matter
They just fade and shatter
When we're touched by love divine

chorus
Open up the sky, fall down like rain
We don't want blessings, we want You
Open up the sky, fall down like fire,
We don't want anything but You

Bridge
Here we go lets go to the throne
The place that we belong Right into His arms

3 comments:

  1. Lovely. Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He cares...deeply! ((hug)) Thankful for your kiss from heaven...they keep us going! love you!

    ReplyDelete