Today you are two years old. TWO YEARS OLD!!! It doesn't seem possible. I remember the day you were born just as if it were 20 minutes ago. One thing I have forgotten, however, is the pain it took to get you here. I know I'd do it again in a heartbeat just to feel the way you made me feel that day! You have been different from the very beginning. You are a "watcher", my precious girl! You came out watching your big sister and brothers. Following their every move. Smiling and talking to them from the day you "woke up". You never wanted to miss a single thing they did. I think it's why you fight sleep so much. You just know they are having fun without you! You learned to walk by watching the other babies in the church nursery. You would sit in the middle of the floor and watch them crawl all around you and climb on the toys and stumble over you as if you were a toy. I think they all thought you were! You were so still and quiet! Watching.
You weren't still and quiet at home though! As soon as you were in your element, you were trying out all the moves you had seen. And babbling away cheerfully. LOUDLY and cheerfully. You learned early on, that if you wanted to be heard in this family, you were going to have to raise your voice an octave or two. Or three. And now, you are saying all kinds of things! Why, just today you said, "Mummee goidee kass!" on our way to meet Daddy for your birthday lunch. I knew exactly what THAT meant. "My mommy is the BEST!" You do love me so. And I you. You melt my heart with those sweet kisses and hugs you give so freely! We don't even have to ask for them! And when you haven't seen me for, oh, say...6 seconds...and then I walk into the room, you look at me and drop whatever you are doing to run to me and say, "MOMMY!!!!!" As if it's been months. Okay, so you do this to every family member, but I just don't think it's ever gonna get old. I've been around long enough to know though, that it won't last forever. You are so loving and affectionate, but, oh so independent! Of course, that's to be expected with 3 older siblings! You want to do everything they are doing. They can't get anything past you. My favorite phrase to say to them these days is, "Don't forget: Little eyes are watching you!"
Tonight Abby put you to bed after she read a new book to you. She said you refused to let go of the book and wanted to "snuggle" with it as if it were a stuffed animal or a baby doll! Your love for books is beyond anything I've ever seen. We saw it as early as 8 months old. You would automatically reach for the books in the basket of toys. It was one of the first words you said. And now, when we are doing school, you climb onto the table with your book and "read" out loud as we do our work. You are not content any other way. I am convinced you are going to be reading by your next birthday...without my help! You are soaking up everything we say and do during our "school" day. Always listening. Always watching.
I love to hear you sing! And pray. And read. And laugh. Your favorite pastime these days is jumping. You have finally figured out how to get both feet off of the ground at the same time and you want to show us how coordinated you are all day long. "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Otch dis." And then you JUMP. And we all clap and squeal with delight! And then the fun begins all over again. Oh, the joys of being two! This is my favorite age. But then again, I say that about every age, don't I? No one taught you how to jump. Or sing. Or pray. You learned to do all of that just from all your watching.
When we ask you how old you are, you hold up your pointer finger and thumb and say, "BEE!!!" Yes! Of course you are "BEE!" You are whatever your little heart wants to BEE. And we love you JUST THE WAY YOU ARE! You make me want to be a better Mommy, Anna Claire! When I'm irritated, or angry, or sad, or distracted. I don't want to stay there long because I know your little eyes are watching me.
Everyone keeps telling us how much you look like your Daddy! And it's true! We think you are his "mini me"! But did you know you were created in your heavenly Daddy's image too? He has always been a watcher...
"The One who watches over you will not slumber.
The Lord Himself watches over you!...
The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.
The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever."
~Psalm 121:3-8
The Lord Himself watches over you!...
The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.
The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever."
~Psalm 121:3-8
I am so glad I don't have to worry about you. You have a good Daddy who loves to watch you grow and change. And he won't ever leave your side. He never needs to "rest His eyes." His love for you is infinite and eternal. And I pray every day that a love for Him will take deep root in your heart. Watching you grow in Him will be my heart's delight!
I love you!!!
Mommy
Oh I love it!! Love reading about her life and your journey as a family! How blessed we all are! And what a sweet "season" this is! (btw, our sermon was on those EXACT verses tonight! Ummmmm wonder what He's trying to tell me/us?) love you and Happy Birthday Anna Claire!
ReplyDeleteLovely, Robyn! A treasure!
ReplyDeleteagain- love it :)
ReplyDelete